Business English Meetings
This dynamic Canadian CD-ROM is an interactive, multimedia learning tool designed to help non-native English speakers learn about the language and culture of North American business meetings.
Intermediate level English language learners will find this CD to be a feature packed, essential resource.
For students with intermediate English language proficiency, Business English: Meetings CD-ROM, the first in the series, is designed to improve students’ understanding of North American business and culture by demonstrating the language and social cultural norms in a series of different but related, business meetings settings.
Learn the essential stages and language of a North American business meeting:
- Opening a meeting
- Making a presentation
- Closing a Meeting
Each unit of Business English: Meetings contains:
- Video dialogues
- Audio scripts (for the videos)
- Clickable words and pictures
- Text and audio definitions
- Engaging, interactive learning activities
- Use Business English: Meetings as a reference or professional development language learning tool.
- Develop effective communication skills for face-to-face communication in business meetings.
- Use Business English: Meetings in the classroom, the workplace, a language lab, or at home. Work at your own pace.
- Observe and listen to video clips of authentic business meetings in progress.
- Observe common North American body language, expressions, and intonation used to communicate in meetings.
- Practice practical business meeting communication skills, concepts, and vocabulary.
- Practice with built-in, stimulating comprehension activities and receive immediate feedback to monitor your progress.
- Gain insights into North American attitudes and values that influence business relationships.
- Learn about North American business protocol, customs, and culture.
- Learn about the appropriate use of selected business documents.
System requirements: PC, Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP, Mac